DIY Sunflower Handles
DIY handles have never looked this cute!
You will need:
- Silicon sunflower mould (I bought this one here!)
- Casting Resin & catalyst
- chrome knob (I recommend this one)
- mixing cup & stirrer
- Dixie Belle Paint Company Slick Stick primer
- Dixie Belle Paint Company Chalk Mineral Paint in 'Mustard'
- Paint Brush
- Stir together the resin & catalyst per the instructions it came with
- Pour into the mould halfway
- Place the knob in the mould, ensuring it is centred & stays upright
- Pour in remaining resin until the mould is filled
- Allow a few hours for the resin to set & cure
- Remove from mould & paint two coats of Slick Stick primer, allowing 12 hours between each coat
- Finally paint your Sunflower in Mustard Chalk Mineral Paint
Taa-daaaa! You have just created your very own sunflower handles! I love pairing these handles with yellow furniture! These bedsides are painted in a custom blend of Dixie Belle Paint Company colours equal parts Mustard & Drop Cloth. You can get your paint here.
I would love to see your creations! Please tag me in your projects on social media @owlandthewillow .
This blog post contains affiliate links for Dixie Belle Paint Company. Your support means so much, thank you!